The Tree Cookie Game
|Click on images below
for larger pictures.
See if you can answer the following questions. Click on the pictures on the right to see larger images of the tree cookies in a new window. You can print the larger images to make it easier to count rings (and keep fingerprints off your computer screen!). Colored underlined links take you to our tree term glossary.
- How old was tree A when it was cut down?_______
- Assuming that tree A was cut down in the year 2000, what year appears to have been a better than average growing season?_______
- Which cookie has dark brown heartwood?_______
- Which cookie is from a tree that had two trunks?_______
- Which cookie had five branches connected to the trunk just below where it was cut?_______
- Which cookie was exposed to the most fires in its life?_______
- How many years old was tree D when it was last injured by a fire?_______
- Which tree was suffering from disease?_______
Please email Darren McAvoy at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to these questions. Also, please let us know what you think of our web pages.
Click here to see a labeled cross section of a tree trunk on our What Is A Tree? page.